Rehearsal files and MidiPlay
Choir member David Morgan kindly pointed out the free MidiPlay software application.
MidiPlay allows you to do several things with a Midi music file:
- play the Midi file on your computer
- repeat the playback automatically
- speed up or slow down playback
- display the score
- follow the cursor on the score, bar by bar as it plays
- change the volume of your own part
- change the instrumentation
This clever application not only plays your Midi files but also displays the score on the screen as indicated on the example screenshot below.
How to download midi files
Follow this link to Midiplay for full instructions.
You can find works to download to the Midiplayer on the learnchoralmusic.co.uk site. For the Rutter works we are rehearsing, the links are as follows:
Copyright problems, however, mean that the files are no longer publicly available, but this site will redirect you to other options. The files on this site do, however, provide a basic idea of your part!
Jump to the MidiPlay website
Back to home page