From September 2021 onwards, we will start to rehearse Handel’s “Messiah” for a concert on 4 December 2021. By way of a change from continual “Messiah” rehearsing, we will also be looking at “Collection” by Eric Whitacre, an American composer.
This page provides links to all types of practice materials. Although most members will be familiar with the work, you never know……
Please note that we will not be performing the following items of the Messiah at the concert:
18 – Rejoice greatly
31 – He was cut off
32 – But thought didst not leave
33 – Lift up your heads
36 – Thou art gone up on high
37 – The Lord gave the word
38 – How beautiful are the feet
41 – Let us break their bonds asunder
49 – Then shall be brought to pass
50 – O death, where is thy sting
51 –But thanks be to God
- free Midi files – see the Midi and MP3 page
- free MP3 files – see the Midi and MP3 page
- commercial practice CDs – see the Choraline page Note: you do have to pay for resources on this site.
- performance CDs – see the Recordings page
- performances on YouTube – see the Recordings page
If you are having trouble in downloading any of these files, just email Pauline Terry for help (website(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)emberchoral.org.uk).
For those interested in more information about the work, you can read about it here:
Some information about the Eric Whitacre work can be found here.